Thursday 31 March 2011

Stop Motion Workshop 1

On Tuesday, I had my first ever Stop Motion workshop. I found it to be extremely interesting and eye opening.

We were given children's toys to use to be the focus of our animation, and by moving them tiny amounts and taking photographs in-between each movement, we were able to run the frames one after another, therefore creating an animation.

The software 'I Stopmotion' was very easy to use and helped me to understand how an animation actually works.

The workshop also helped me to appreciate how much time and effort goes into even the shortest of animations. This is due to the amount of frames needed per second of an animation.

I will definitely use this method and this software again in my work, as I would like to experiment more with the different types of animations and effects that can be created.


No comments:

Post a Comment