Tuesday 15 March 2011

Paper Workshop 2 - Richard Sweeney

In the second workshop with Richard Sweeney, we were taught some more techniques to manipulate paper further. These were curved folding and scoring, and pleating the paper. We also began to work on a slightly larger scale than we had done previously.


I scored the paper in a curve, and cut out the extra paper just inside of the curve, to allow the paper to bend much more easily.






I manipulated the paper along these scored curved edges, which when repeated, created a dome effect.


I used the same piece of paper and then curved the dome shape further. I managed to hold this shape by stapling the bottom 2 edges of each curve.



I like the curves of this piece and how it has a different and interesting view from each angle.




I think that this shape is quite successful and almost reminds me of some form of architecture from some of the viewpoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment