Thursday 17 February 2011

Paper Workshop 1 - 28/01/11 - Continued.....Again

Further experimentation with finding ways to create curves in the paper:

On this experiment, I dealt with the paper in two identical halves. 
I cut the paper into roughly the same width strips, and cut small slots directly above each strip, and therefore then repeated this same method on the opposite half of the paper.


I began to fold each strip into its accompanying slot, both of these halves heading towards the centre in the same direction.



These photographs show the finished curved structure which has been turned over the other way around. I think that the small tabs sticking out, make the structure look like some kind of insect.



These photographs show the structure from the top, and looking through and inside of the structure.



When I curved the structure into a kind of semi circular shape, I found that it looked MUCH more interesting as a design!



This structure has definitely been the most successful one that I have done so far, and has certainly been my favourite. I like the way that the structure looks curved in several ways. The structure also looks effective from both the 'outside' and the 'inside' views.

No comments:

Post a Comment